All drivers of commercial vehicles in Canada and the United States are required to comply with the Commercial Vehicle Drivers Hours of Service Regulations of the National Safety Code (NSC) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. These regulations require drivers to keep a record of their daily driving and other work activities in a prescribed format and to make these records available to designated enforcement officials upon request.
The program focuses on regulatory guidance for drivers to maintain compliance as dictated by the NSC and FMCSA.
This course is designed to familiarize participants with national and regional legislation regarding hours of service for commercial drivers. To enable participants to achieve accurate, logbooks that meet industry and regulatory body standards. This course can also focus on only Canadian regulations and/or Canadian and USA regulations.
- Understand the Canadian and U.S. Hours of Service rules and regulations
- Learn to maintain compliance and accurately complete the daily logbook
- Learn how to understand fatigue management
- Maximize your drivers HOS
- Avoid violations and citations
- Excellent refresher and driver meeting instruction
- Maintain compliance in the event of a ministry audit
Who Should Attend
- Operations Staff
- Driver Mentors
Courses are available at your convenience – at your location. Contact your Loss Prevention Consultant at 905-898-9167 to schedule your program.