This course teaches drivers and managers how to apply the Daily Vehicle Inspection rules, complete inspection reports and report defects in compliance with Ontario Regulation 199/07. Drivers will understand how to conduct a proper inspection, the proper forms to use, the difference between minor and major defects and how to avoid getting a ticket. The program is a good way to avoid CVOR points that accompany violations.
Ontario Vehicle Inspection Regulation 199/07 – Covers all the daily vehicle inspection requirements listed in the regulation. Schedule 1: This is part of the Ontario Vehicle Inspection Regulation 199/07 and lists 23 items that have to be inspected on a truck, tractor and trailer during a daily inspection. This course provides the knowledge to apply Schedule 1 requirements properly and conduct the daily inspection in a lawful manner.
- Know and understand the legislation governing pre-trip inspections
- Identify and apply trip inspection procedures in accordance with applicable standards and regulations
- Understand MTO regulations governing minor/major defects
- Reduce violations and citations due to poor pre-trip inspections
- Identify minor and major defects early reducing costly repairs
- Ensure consistent vehicle inspections within your fleet
- Excellent refresher and driver meeting instruction
Who Should Attend
- Driver Mentors
- Safety Managers
Courses are available at your convenience – at your location. Contact your Loss Prevention Consultant at 905-898-9167 to schedule your program.